Ephesians #1 A FOREVER FAMILY
Ed and Jam are back – with a little help from their friends – looking at Ephesians Chapter 1 to find out how Jesus helps to get through some tough times together. We’re not just in families in our homes (for who knows how long?). We’re in the best family we could be in for ever! There are fun facts, a sketch and Amy Fights The Virus. Listen together, enjoy and be encouraged.
Planning when to do this
The podcast is about 30 minutes long. I’d encourage you to do one of the following as a family:
- Choose a good time and place that works for you as a family to listen to the podcast together (craft activities to do at the same time are below). Make that your Sunday time with God as a family. Then join the FBC livestream in addition to that, and children can join in with as much as they can.
- Join in with the FBC livestream at 10am, and then move on to using the activities here during the sermon – when children would normally go to their groups. Parents can catch up with the sermon etc. later.
How to listen
The Faith in kids podcast is available wherever you normally get your podcasts from, including Spotify and Apple Podcast. Click here for more details.
There are four ideas below, including crafts, a colouring sheet, and an activity you could do after a family walk.
Use the crafts and colouring sheets while you listen to the podcast (make sure you’ve got the materials you need first!). And use them to reinforce the teaching ideas.
Here are Ed’s discussion questions:
- Get a paper plate or circle of card (or use page 1 of the printable sheet)
- Decorate it randomly with blue and green crayon/felt-tips/torn paper.
- Make hand prints with paint on some card / draw round hands and colour
- Cut out the hand prints
- Glue/tape/blu-tac hands to earth.
- Copy this text onto a paper shape – square/circle/heart etc and fix to world. For he chose us before he made the world to be part of God’s family. Ephesians 1:4. (Or use the love heart at the bottom of page 1 of the printable sheet)
- Maybe fix loop of thread/string/ribbon to hang by.
You could do this as an add-on to Idea 1 – or on its own.
- Print page 1 of the printable sheet and colour, or decorate the earth as in idea 1.
- Draw and cut out people to represent your family members/church family. I’ve included some photos of FBC children in my email out to church families so they can remember each other (!!), but won’t include that publically here.
- Glue/tape/blu-tac people to pegs and clip them round the edge of the world.
- Add text as in Idea 1, step 6.
- Go for a walk and find a twiggy branch. Bring it home and ‘plant’ it in a flower pot of earth.
- On circles of card/paper, draw and colour faces of your family members, friends and church family OR use photos of people from church.
- Peg them on to your ‘Family Tree’ and think about how you could pray for them/support them/love them.
- Why not pray for some of your church family members together – using the pictures as prompts.