Ephesians #2 DEATH TO LIFE
Grab a toy with a battery and join Ed, Jam and Amy as Ed impersonates a stressed Blue Whale. You can also listen to the voicemail of Zaccheus. We look at Ephesians Chapter 2 to find out how Jesus brings us from death to life. Listen together, enjoy and be encouraged.
Planning when to do this
The podcast is about 30 minutes long. I’d encourage you to do one of the following as a family:
- Choose a good time and place that works for you as a family to listen to the podcast together (craft activities to do at the same time are below). Make that your Sunday time with God as a family. Then join the FBC livestream in addition to that, and children can join in with as much as they can.
- Join in with the FBC livestream at 10am, and then move on to using the activities here during the sermon – when children would normally go to their groups. Parents can catch up with the sermon etc. later.
How to listen
The Faith in kids podcast is available wherever you normally get your podcasts from, including Spotify and Apple Podcast. Click here for more details.
There are four ideas below, including crafts, a colouring sheet, and an activity you could do after a family walk.
Use the crafts and colouring sheets while you listen to the podcast (make sure you’ve got the materials you need first!). And use them to reinforce the teaching ideas.
Here are Ed’s discussion questions:
Idea 1 – Butterfly Finger Puppet
- Print page 1 of the printable sheet and colour the butterfly.
- Carefully cut out the butterfly.
- Make a small cylinder from a strip of paper (big enough to slip your finger through) and tape/glue it to the underside of the body.
- Copy the text “He has created us anew in Jesus” to the underside of the wings.
- Make your butterfly fly!
Idea 2 – Caterpillars and Butterflies
1. Cut out some caterpillar shapes from coloured paper
2. Stick them to a sheet of paper, but only use glue on the top and bottom portions of the caterpillars – leave a bit in the middle free of glue so that your caterpillars can have a raised loop so they look like they’re crawling.
3. Cut out some caterpillar shapes from coloured paper
4. Stick them to a sheet of paper, but only use glue on the top and bottom portions of the caterpillars – leave a bit in the middle free of glue so that your caterpillars can have a raised loop so they look like they’re crawling.
5. Carefully push the wings through the caterpillar’s loop and fan out on either side.
6. Copy the text onto a piece of paper and glue to craft.
God saved you by His grace when you believed…..for we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2 v 8-10 NLT
Idea 3 – Jesus gives life
Plant some seeds eg – cress on some wet kitchen roll/cotton wool, or sunflower seeds in a pot of earth. Or put carrot/parsnip tops in a saucer with a little water.
Watch them grow and change. Think about how seeds seem small and hard and ‘dead’, but they can change and grow into new life.
Idea 4 – Watch it grow
Go into the garden or go for a walk. Find a branch that is just coming into bud, leaf or flower. Take a photo. Go back and look again in a few days. How has it changed and grown? Take another photo. Repeat.
Think about – who gives it life?