Farnham Baptist Church has always put mission amongst its highest priorities. In fulfilling our purpose to help people find Christ and grow as his disciples, we do not only look at those within our community or on our doorstep; we also have a concern for those who need to hear the Gospel in other parts of this country and right across the world.
Long before we had a building of our own, we were committed to the spreading of the Good News of the Gospel and, in addition to links with serving missionaries, we were able in 1971 to commission our first full-time missionary for service in Peru.
Over the years, many other members and young people from FBC have been able to give short term service in many parts of the world.
The Missionary Vision of our church
- We have a passion for mission and will strive to develop innovative ways of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in this country and overseas.
- We will seek actively to support our own (and our “adopted”) missionaries, both spiritually and in other practical ways.
- We will help sponsor those who have demonstrated commitment in the work of FBC, in their training for ministry and missionary work at home and overseas.
- We will encourage regular and informed prayer support for all aspects of mission in which the church is involved.
- We will continually seek to increase mission awareness amongst all age groups in our fellowship and encourage active participation in all aspects of missionary work.
- We will only support evangelical, Biblically based organisations.
- We will encourage people of all ages to go on short and long term projects which share the Good News of Jesus with those who are in need.
- We will give active support and encouragement to smaller churches in their missionary work, both at home and overseas.
We currently have different mission teams who oversee our work in four different areas:
- Local mission – Farnham and the local area
- Global mission – around the world
- Short term mission – for those considering going on short-term trips
- Long term mission – which covers the families we have committed to support in their long-term missionary service.
You can download our Missions booklet on our Resources page.
FBC’s primary mission commitments
The Cleaver Family – working in Novosibirsk with OM Russia.
The Jones family – working in Northern Ireland with YWAM. Visit their blog (password required).
We also support the following ex-members:
Paul & Eleanor Every-Clayton – teaching at a Bible College and pastoring a church in Belgium.
Lizi Ross – working with Friends International.
FreeBibleImages – a fantastic free ministry resource which was the launched through the vision and hard work of a number of current and ex-members.